Nowadays one trend where everyone is obsessed is their weight loss. Such is a craze that weight loss is equivalent to beauty. All this frenzy has surged the demands for dieticians and health planners. But if you check any diet plan, one thing these health managers specify is intake of Nuts. Among them Walnut stands the best chance among dry fruits to be in the list. So are Walnuts for weight loss? Lets check it out.
Walnuts (Akhrod in Hindi)
Walnuts are single seed food found in shell mostly in Northern areas of India. Not only India but they are also native to China, Iran and North America.
Inside the shell of the walnut you can find two pieces of walnut kernels which is somewhat round in shape. However the design of Walnut is such that it somewhat resembles the human brain. Dont believe, check it out?
Is it not resembling like a human brain in brown colour?
The shell of Walnut is really hard to break so you need to take assistance of something hard to break it down.
Trivia time – I have seen many households in India (including me) breaking walnuts from side of the door. You just have to keep Walnut between the space of door and support of door and close the door. Viola!! Your walnut is ready to Eat.
Caution – Beware of your fingers while doing the above Indian method to break almonds. Suggested an adult to be with any kids for this method
Walnuts for Weight Loss
Why Walnuts is prescribed for Weight Loss.
- Walnuts are different from other nuts. Walnuts contain Polyunsaturated fats (PUFA) which keeps fat control in check . Study suggests diet rich in high PUFA’s lowers down the hormone called ghrelin which signals the body to feel hungry
- Walnuts are great antioxidants which reduces inflammation thus improving metabolism rate further reducing extra calories and fats.
- Walnuts are rich in Fiber hence whenever you consume walnut in correct proportion you feel lot fuller thus eliminating the hunger.
- Walnuts are great in producing of melatonin which helps in a great sleep. And a good sleep is a sure shot ways of reducing weight
- While many suffer from high blood pressure and heart ailments, walnuts encourage lipid supply resulting in control of cholestrol. Hence it is helpful in avoiding cardiac ailments.
Content of Walnuts (Technical)
Eating Walnuts are plain boring
I agree that eating walnut alone is boring and that too on a daily basis. Walnut dont taste either sour or sweet so consuming them regularly would not be preferred by everyone. So how can one eat Walnuts for weight loss
In India, it is usually recommended eating Walnuts with raisins. Raisins could be black or golden anyone which you prefer. Having sweet taste of raisin with a tasteless Walnuts adds more value to your nutrition. Also eating raisins eliminate the crib of sweetness.
However Walnuts can be used in many other deserts and dishes. Some of them are
Walnut Choco chip Cookies
Walnut Cheese Pasta Salad
Walnut Cottage Cheese Burger (Bhai Paneer in Hindi)
Now dont ask me about the recipes of these delicious recipes. I am myself munching these while writing this article. So you can always check Youtube for recipes of these wonderful meals.
However the list of Walnut use in our diet is not exhaustive. There is lot more you can do to add Walnut in your daily diet.
If you really like this article then do comments and share this.
Check our other nuts and dryfruits by clicking on the Shop button in our website. Lickalicious Brand is here to provide you quality and healthy dryfruits at an affordable price. So dont miss this opportunity and buy one.